Sunday, November 14, 2010

Shooting Around!


Have you ever paid attention to the way some NBA players shoot the ball? If you pay attention to some of them they have a funny way having getting the ball to the basket.

My friend, The Mad Jotter pointed out to me a few players that have a little different technique to their shots; Steve Blake, Shawn Marion, and Corey Brewer. So I decided to look these players up and see what they were working with.

Marcus Camby is one player that I have noticed that has a funny way of shooting the ball. He seems to cock his arm to the side when it goes up and it kind of has a slow motion to it. Like he has to slow down right before he shoots and he takes his time releasing the ball.

Shawn Marion has a shoot that looks like he is just throwing it up there. He seems to use both hands to guide him but he also hops forward with the ball. This shoot is working for him but very funny to watch. Never really paid close attention to it. Think I will be noticing every time I seem him now.

Now as for Steve Blake I did not see anything unusual about the way he shoots the ball. I could be missing something! But it looks pretty normal to me. Maybe Mad Jotter could let me know what I am not noticing when it comes to this guy.

I am going to have to further investigate this topic as the season prgresses! Have to get some more NBA games in and really pay attention. We will just call this the introduction to what will follow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment