Friday, July 16, 2010

Lets Talk...

First, I just want to say that I loved the ESPY's Award Show Wednesday night. Seth Meyers did a great job. I was at the show last year when Samuel L. Jackson hosted the show and I have to say Seth was by far better. He had some knee slapper jokes, especially the one about the Kardashians. Found that one to be extra funny. Also the music guest was much better this year. Do not even recall the guy that was there last year. But overall I think it was an excellent show and some outstanding athletes deserved the awards that they received.

Glad and thought it was deserving that the Saints won the Best Team Award and that Drew Brees walked away with three awards of his own; Best NFL player, Male Athlete and Best Championship Performance. I thought the Lakers had a chance of winning the best team but when I saw that it looked like only Derek Fisher was there to represent for the Lakers and half the Saints team was there, it was clear that the Saints were walking away with the award.

One thing that I did not like about the show was most of the big stars were not there. There was no Lebron James, Dwayne Wade, Kobe Bryant or Phil Jackson, to name a few. And I know OchoCinco was not nominated for anything but thought he would be there with T.O.. But guess that is how it goes with so many other things going on around this time of the year. Great show despite all that.

Now there is less than a month away until that good ole NFL football starts and about two months for college football. Nothing is more exciting to me then to wake up on a Saturday morning to Lee Corso, Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit and Desmond Howard on College Game Day before all college games begin. (And now Erin Andrews has joined the crew! :-) ) The only thing more exciting is to wake up on Sunday morning to a day full of NFL games!! Followed by Monday Night Football! " Are you ready for some football?" I know I am!

I think this is going to be an exciting and interesting year in both Pro and College football. First of all college has had some big changes with all these teams shifting conferences and what not. It will be interesting to see how these new teams react with bigger challengers. I would have loved to see Boise State move to the Pac 10 or SEC. I feel they are a great team and deserve tougher opponents. And I would love to see them play for the National Championship. With the NFL the question is how are the Super Bowl Champs going to play this year. Will they flop or come back just as strong? I am going for strong and ready to play. I also hope Dallas does not get a chance to play for rings in their home stadium. Yes I am a "Cowgirls" hater. I then wonder how will Pete Carroll do in the NFL with the Seahawks? I feel that he will do fine but I will miss seeing him on the sideline in the Coliseum.

Of course being from Los Angeles, the issue that my USC Trojans do not even have a chance of winning a championship for at least two years is very disturbing. Thanks to those guys from the 2005 season! Yes, meaning Reggie Bush as one of the big reasons we will be sitting out of the bowl games. I am really upset about that. But the season must go on!!!

Furthermore I am thrilled for the upcoming season of football and cannot wait for the hitting, tackles, fumbles, touchdowns, interceptions, replays, kick returns, bands and trash talking to begin. Are YOU ready for some FOOTBALL?

No comments:

Post a Comment